Saturday, April 21, 2007

Maldonado-Salcedo Baggage

Melissa Maldonado-Salcedo a.k.a “MalSal”


There is an inextricable relationship between guilt and migration. The sociopolitical implications intrinsic to the unpacking of this guilt becomes manifested and complicated within familial relationships. Within the volatile theater of being "here" but performing "over there," an enduring liminal identity and space is mapped. Displacement (social, political, spiritual, economic, physical and psychological) becomes generational, until becoming borderline criminal. Maldonado-Salcedo embodies the impossible truth and reconciliation attached to an exodus.

4 comments:

C said...

Melissa,

This is Christina from Cabrini Immigrant services. we are trying to find you! One of our strongest alies. Are you around?
cis2les@verizon.net

E said...

Hi Melissa,

I've tried contacting you a few times over the last year or so. Looks like you're doing some really great stuff. I hope to hear from you.

Earl

Unknown said...

Hi Melissa,

I've been looking for you! "). I see you're doing great. I'm so happy for you. Say hi to the fam for me. Hope to hear from you soon. God bless. Gio a.k.a Gerardo.

Unknown said...

I am so proud of you, Mel!

Yezie